Subscribe to my full feed.

Monday, January 28, 2008

What do I use?

Perhaps it would be a good idea to show the equipment I used to make my shots. Nothing fanciful cause I don't have the budget to get those cool glasses. In fact, all the equipment I am about to show are no longer available new in the market.

First up is my camera - the Canon 300D. It was one of the most affordable DSLR available in its heydays. This product range had since evolve much with the Canon 450D launch recently in the Netherlands. Although the kit lens that comes with the camera has its limitation, it is the widest focal length in my inventory. Its biggest advantage is its weight. Feels like a toy in fact.




Although I used my kit lens often enough, my walkabout lens is the Sigma 28-105mm because of its longer focal range. Suitable for most applications. It is protected by the Hoya UV filter which is attached to the front elements.




The Sigma 70-300mm is what I used for sports and wildlife photography where getting near to your subject becomes a challenge. Basically, this is a reasonable telephoto lens despite being a rather slow lens. The additional macro capability also proves to be fun but i had yet to get any decent shots with it.





Last but not least is my latest purchase, a third party manual flash. I have yet to fully utilize my latest gadget but the effect I got from the Treetop walk was pretty reasonable. Without the TTL ability like in modern flashes, I am forced to think about my lighting which is good training for me.

0 comments: